Shipping & Delivery
As a thumb rule please consider the following shipping times:
Within the UK:
Standard Delivery: 1-3 business days
Next Day Delivery: 1 business day (Mo-Fri, order cut-off: 12pm)
Outside the UK:
Standard Delivery: 5-7 business days
DHL: 1-3 business days
Please note we do not ship any orders on weekends or bank holidays.
Our trusted delivery partner for domestic/national shipments is Royal Mail over any other shipping partner for the following reasons:
- Guaranteed 1pm delivery
- Guaranteed Saturday delivery for an additional cost
- Track & Trace – follow your item from when it leaves your hand to delivery
- Signature on delivery – see it online 10 minutes later
- Reliable insurance
We also work with DHL for international shipments within World Zone 1-3:
- Speedy shipment (1-3 working days)
- International security and expertise
- Tracking control
- Reliable Insurance
Someone needs to be in when your parcel is due to be delivered as we may need a signature. If this isn't possible, our delivery partner will usually try to deliver more than once. Alternatively, they'll leave a delivery card confirming whether they've left it with a neighbour or in a safe place. If it wasn't delivered, the delivery card will provide info on the rescheduled delivery time or how and where to collect it.
Your order will be shipped according to the service you have chosen at checkout. Please await your shipping confirmation email, which contains your tracking details. All orders are shipped with a track-able service, giving you full control to follow your parcels via an online track button. If you haven't received your order on your estimated delivery date, please wait 24 hours to allow a buffer for any carrier delays.
If your parcel still hasn't turned up after waiting the 24 hour buffer, please check with your household, neighbours and safe places (front porch, garden, shed, letter box, behind fence, bushes, bins etc.), or a collection from a specified location - these will differ depending on the delivery partner. Please note Schwan Hair cannot be held liable for any parcels that are lost or stolen as a result of any specific delivery instructions left for the carrier. If your order doesn’t arrive, please let us know within 3 days of your estimated delivery date and we’ll do our best to help you.
Not within the UK. However, since 1st January 2021 (post Brexit), parcels to Europe are subject to customs and duty fees. This means that goods shipped between EU countries, UK mainland and Northern Ireland (as well as international countries) have to clear customs and require a commercial invoice and other export documentation. You will be contacted by the delivery company if custom fees apply before your goods are released from customs in the destination country. Please contact your local tax and duties office if you're unsure.
Returns & Refunds
Due to the exclusive nature of our products, we only offer exchanges within 14 days of receipt, if your items are in original packaging and original condition i.e. not worn, washed or altered in any way. If the hair tags have been removed we are unable to process your exchange and will ship your order back to you at your cost. Due to hygiene reasons eyelashes, wigs, lace systems, custom made units and clip-ins cannot be returned and are excluded from our returns policy.
Please always get in touch with us first before returning any items back to us. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to create an official return (we only offer exchanges) and request a returns slip for your parcel. Please note that we are unable to process any returns after our 14 day exchange window.
- Please always get in touch with us first before returning items back to us.
- Any returned items must be in original packaging and resell-able condition i.e. not worn, washed or altered in any way.
- If the hair tags have been taken off we are unable to process your exchange and your order will be shipped back to you at your cost.
- Due to hygiene reasons eyelashes, wigs, lace systems, custom made units and clip-ins cannot be returned and are excluded from our returns policy.
- Please note only regular priced items may be returned for an exchange. Unfortunately, sale or discounted items cannot be returned and are excluded from our Refunds & Returns policy.
- Your parcel remains your responsibility until it arrives back with us. If you are shipping orders over $75/£50, please consider using a trackable service and/or purchasing a shipping insurance.
- Always keep your proof of postage and tracking number in case you need to contact us about your return.
- Any returns that arrive with us past the 14 day exchange window will not be processed.
Once your returned items are processed (please allow up to 5 working days), your exchange will be sent out to you according to your original shipping service selected at checkout. We will bill you for any difference should the value of the exchange exceed the original order amount before shipping. If the value of the exchange falls below your original order, we will refund you the difference back to your original method of payment. Please allow your refund to be processed back to your credit card or original method of payment within 5-10 working days.
Please email our customer care team at email@example.com within 24 hours of receipt to arrange a replacement. We may ask you to provide more information and pictures to substantiate your claim before sending it in for inspection. Please note faulty items are considered goods, which have arrived damaged or non-functional before use. Any items sent past 14 days after delivery will not be processed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a replacement within 3 days of delivery. We may ask you for pictures and more information.
We're really quick at packing your order up, which means we can't make any changes once you've placed it. This includes changing the delivery option, delivery address or payment method. However, you may be able to cancel your order and place a new one instead.
Please email us at email@example.com
Product & Stock
Raw hair in its natural state has a life span of up to 5 years. With proper care and maintenance your extensions can last a very long time. Always follow our detailed hair care guide and seek a professional for colour and bleach jobs. We also recommend sealing your wefts to enjoy the fullness of them longer.
Hair maintenance is your responsibility. If you have damaged, cut or bleached your hair extensions and are not satisfied with the outcome as a result, or your hair is experiencing any issues after applying chemicals, please note that we are not held responsible for your actions and are not able to offer an exchange or a refund.
We can think of 5 reasons why you should choose Schwan Hair
• Ethically sourced raw human hair - we have carefully vetted and handpicked our hair as quality is more important to us than providing cheap hair in quantity
• Naturally occurring real hair patterns - we do not chemically process our hair and provide clean, raw hair in its purest form. Any product pictures on this website are not digitally altered - what you see is what you get!
• Guaranteed 100% real hair from 1 hair donor per bundle - tangle free hair collected from the same source, which blends in so well that people will think it is your real hair.
• No chemicals, additives or synthetic fibers - we do not support chemical processing and do NOT offer hair of that sort on our website. In this way we are ensuring your scalp will remain healthy and unaffected by external (chemical factors) avoiding irritable, itchy, scaling scalp or dandruff.
• Thick and healthy bundles - we guarantee that your hair will be luscious and great quality ALWAYS and 100%
See for yourself - Shop here
Raw hair was coined by hair specialists after the term "virgin hair" became widely abused by hair retailers (please refer to what is virgin hair?). Raw hair is the highest quality hair extension currently available and is the most purest of all hair types on the market. For example, if your own hair has never been bleached, coloured, permed or otherwise chemically treated, it is considered "raw". Raw hair is typically donated by women in Southeast Asia for realistic, medical & kosher wigs, lace closures/ frontals, hair wefts and other hair products such as clip-ins and last anywhere from 3-5 years depending on your maintenance. At Schwan Hair we pride ourselves to only offer 100% raw, cuticle aligned, single donor hair, without any chemical processing or synthetic additives.
Virgin hair is considered to be hair collected from multiple unknown human hair sources, non-cuticle aligned and chemically processed to look visually appealing. The lifespan of virgin hair can be anywhere from 1 to 6 months. These type of hair extensions are very cheap to acquire and are manufactured in Chinese hair factories, where they are submerged in dangerous chemicals and acids to be visually pleasing. Hair retailers neglect their duty of care and advertise these extensions as "virgin hair" without disclosing the chemicals used. Customers often experience adverse skin and scalp reactions, as well as irreversible hair loss due to being exposed to the chemicals. At Schwan Hair we will never offer "virgin hair" to our customers, and conduct vigorous quality control before and after placing our vetted hair suppliers products into our stock.
Any item showing as available is currently in stock and ready to be shipped.
We regularly restock our most popular items. If you subscribe to our newsletter at www.schwanhair.com you’ll hear it there first, so you’ll never miss out on restocks and 24 hour flash sales that take place only 2-3 times a year. Should you have a specific request please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Raw Indian Hair Collection is our ultimate best seller as it blends into most hair types. Indian hair is typically finer in texture, can have a slight frizz and usually medium to high in lustre. Though every bundle may vary, our Schwan Indian Hair is collected from our trusted and vetted hair sources in the South of India and is proven to last several years.
Cambodian hair is typically darker in colour, lower in lustre, coarse, stronger and thicker than Indian hair. It is a perfect blend into afro-textured hair due to its genetic make-up. As it is quite dark it takes a lot longer to bleach. We recommend going to a professional hair colourist for all Schwan Hair products to ensure your high value hair is colour treated correctly so that you can wear your hair without any bleach damage for longer (please refer to our Hair Maintenance Guide below).
Raw Burmese Curly is our most exotic hair type. Its curls are thick and textured yet supple and soft to the touch. Burmese curls are lightly steamed, without damaging the integrity of the hair, making the curls more defined, bouncy and tighter than our Raw Indian Natural Curly wefts. If you're a natural 3b - 4c hair babe, then this collection is perfect to work into your own hair as it’s super versatile and can mimic twist-outs or serve as the perfect blowout look. They are also double drawn, super thick, durable and will last you several years.
Our Raw Vietnamese Hair Collection demands attention anywhere you go. Authentic Vietnamese hair can be very silky or on the coarser side, depending on genetics. However, it’s always quite thick, durable and lustrous naturally. They may have subtle waves once washed and air-dried, but are not as pronounced or as silky in texture as our Indian hair. Our raw Vietnamese wefts are perfect for women of Asian, African and Caucasian decent.
Please always stretch your hair when measuring the length. Hold your ruler or measuring tape at the start of the weft and pull your hair along the scale to the tips of the hair. This is especially important when measuring curly and wavy hair extensions. For example, an 18" hair weft may look a like a 16" weft, due to its hair pattern. Once stretched you will receive the accurate length.
All bundles weigh ca. 100 g. The longer the bundles are, the more bundles are required for your install. Depending on the look you are going for, we recommend the following guide:
14-16 inches: 2 or more bundles
16-26 inches: 3 or more bundles
26-32 inches: 4 or more bundles
Please email email@example.com for more info.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Install & Maintenance
Please always wash your raw hair extensions before wear. It is important to remember that Schwan Hair Raw Hair Extensions are collected from real human beings in Southeast Asia and have been flat-packed for shipping. Therefore, first and foremost always wash your hair for hygiene reasons and also to bring your hair back to life after shipping.
Treat your hair Schwan Hair the way you would treat your own:
- Wash your extensions 1-2 per week
- Detangle your hair before your wash
- Use gentle products and avoid harsh alcohols, paraben and sulphate
- Avoid using hot water and do not excessively rub your hair as it can cause split ends and damage your hair
- Apply a generous amount of conditioner and brush through your hair to evenly distribute the product (we recommend a Denman D3)
- Use a lightweight serum and appropriate tools to maximise the life span of your extensions
- Air-dry for best results, especially important for curly and wavy hair textures for the most beautiful hair.
- Avoid excessive heat and blow-dry on low temperatures.
We always include a detailed hair care guide in every order to help you on your raw hair journey. For more info - please read our Hair Care Guide.
Yes, our Schwan Hair extensions can be dyed, coloured and bleached to #613.
Yes, our hair can withstand high heat. We recommend using a heat protectant before applying heat and minimise exposure to prolong the health of your hair.
Yes, your curls and waves will always revert back if maintained correctly. Do not overheat your hair to avoid hair damage and always use a heat protectant.
Always use a brush whilst washing your hair to detangle and evenly distribute the product through your hair. Especially when applying your conditioner, it is important you add a generous amount and use the Denman D3 (or any other curl definition brush) to distribute the product thoroughly and define the curl pattern of each hair strand. Let the conditioner sit for 5-10 minutes and then "rinse and brush" your hair with lukewarm water. Apply a lightweight hair serum into your wet hair and air dry for best results. Pro-tip: To keep your hair defined for days at a time, we recommend using a curl gel such as Pattern, which is not only a gentle product on your curls but also locks in the moisture as it is specially formulated for diverse hair textures.
There are many different techniques to choose from as raw hair gives you the flexibility to style them as part of your own hair or as a unit. You can use our wefts for sew-ins, tracks, versatile vixen hairstyles, clip-ins, quick weave, microlink hair extensions or seamless/braidless weave techniques such as LA weave etc. You can also construct your own wigs with our wefts. You will need a minimum of 3 wefts + a closure or frontal (please refer to our length chart for the exact number of weft recommendations based on your chosen length).
1. Circumference: Take a circumference measurement of the head. Tape should be held in place such that its edge follows the hairline around the head and neck.
Front to Nape: Place your tape from the centre of the forehead's hairline straight back over the crown to the centre of the hairline at the nape of your neck.
3. Ear to Ear across forehead: Start measuring from the front of your ear. Place your tape to measure from hairline at base of sideburn and move up along your hairline over your forehead to the same point ending in front of the other ear.
4. Ear to Ear over top: Measure from hairline directly above the ear directly over the top of your head and finish at the hairline above your other ear.
5. Temple to Temple around back: Measure temple to temple and stretch along the back of your head.
6. Nape of Neck: Measure the width of your hairline across the nape of your neck.
(See below a standard wig size chart for your reference)
If your measurements are between sizes we suggest selecting the larger size that is closest to your measurements.